Haute People is growing and with that being said we need a few good men .. and women to join our team! For the first time in 7 years, we will be launching our Internship Program which will throughout the year.
This Internship program is unpaid but the opportunity to learn the skills of a Digital Marketer and being a part of a Lifestyle brand in 2020 is priceless! We are looking for the following individuals:
– 18-23 years old – Have your own computer or have access to the Internet – Know about the Jamaican Digital Landscape – Be Familiar with at least 3 Social Media Platforms ( Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest, Tik Tok, etc) – Be in College or University – A fast learner – Honest – Punctual – Have a strong command of the English Language ( Verbal and/or Written)
Positions are open and not limited to: – Contributors ( Fashion, Lifestyle, Health, Beauty, Entertainment Food) – Graphics Designer – Social Media Coordinator – Photographer/Videographer – Junior Reporters ( must reside in Kingston for this role and have knowledge of the Jamaican Fashion Industry)
Goals of the Internship Program
– To share knowledge of New/Digital Media Concepts to individuals interested in this Industry – Create Brand Awareness of Haute People – To provide young digitals professionals with the relevant skills to compete in the Digital Marketing Industry through hands-on experience and training
The Application Process
– Step 1: Applicants will be asked to complete their application on our Facebook page at the job posting with the name “Intern”. (CLICK HERE) You can also visit our side tab to apply. Look for “Internship Program”.
–Step 2: Short-listed Individuals will be contacted and a phone interview scheduled.
–Step 3: Selected applicants will be given a training session on an Introduction to Digital Marketing & Product Knowledge of Haute People at a location in Kingston.
Internship Structure + Additional Information
1. The Haute People Internship Program will run for the duration of 2020 and will be broken down into Cohorts:
– Cohort 1: February to April – Cohort 2: June to August – Cohort 3: September to November – Cohort 4: December
2. Skill Level: Each Intern’s skill level will be assessed by doing a “go-see” or first test job at a real event where feedback will be provided to see where they will be placed.
3. Monthly Assessments: Each Intern will be assessed at the end of each month to test what they have learned and areas that need to be improved.
4. Stipends: Stipends may be given to Interns that live out of town for transportation and meals as requested. Interns are asked to submit this request 72 hours in advance to email@example.com with bank details if possible.
5. Training Sessions: These will be provided in collaboration with Industry professionals in the following areas:
– Social Media Marketing – Digital Strategy – Content Creation + Content Marketing – Professional Development
These will be provided at the end of weeks 1,2,3 & 4 at the end of each Cohort.
6. Awards: Awards will be given to successful Interns who have been outstanding along with a certificate of completion and other prizes.
This is an exciting time for us here at Haute People and we are inviting you to be a part of this process to grow.
We have a small favor to ask. People are reading the Haute Lifestyle than ever since our recent placement in the South Florida Blogger Awards but advertising revenues across the media are falling fast. We do not have investors and everything Blog related is funded out of pocket– we want to keep our journalism as fun and open as we can. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Our article takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our perspective and voices matter – because it might well be your perspective, too.
If everyone who reads our posts, who likes it, helps fund it, our future would be much more secure.
For as little as $1, you can support The Haute Lifestyle
– and it only takes a minute. Hit the “DONATE” button on the top right sidebar.
Thanks in Advance
IMAGES MAY BE SUBJECT TO COPYRIGHT | NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED
Haute People was launched in September 2011 as a Fashion Blog and has grown into a Lifestyle Blog. The Term “Haute” can be defined as “Fashionably Elegant” or of High Quality.
This blog looks at topics from Beauty, Fashion, Entertainment, Hair Trends, Pop Culture as well as exciting new features every month. A favorite among our readers is “Behind The Seams” where influential people from the Creative Industries are featured.
Haute People are Smart, Bold, Creative and Individualistic. If you have an innate passion for Lifestyle, Fashion and all things current, you are HAUTE.