Getting the right moisturizer is the best thing you could ever do for your skin as a woman of a particular age (Wendy Williams voice). There are 4 major skin types–Normal, Combination, Dry and Oily which can be determined by a number of factors. Today, we would like to share the best moisturizers to use for your skin type and we’ll definitely break down each skin type to see where you fit in.
If you have normal skin, then you have a good balance of moisture, small pores, and an even tone. Believe it or not, many people have normal skin and to maintain it, you need to minimize the exposure to sun and should opt for moisturizers with SPF. An SPF with at least 30 is highly recommended to minimize the appearance of wrinkles and exposure to the sun. See our top picks below.
- Forrest Essentials Light Day Lotion Lavender and Neroli
- GLAMGLOW water burst hydrated moisturizer
- First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Water Cream
Oily skin is identified by an excess of sebum (oil) on the face. People will oily skin will see their skin looking greasy and shiny just a few hours after washing their face. Most people will feel the need to wash their face several times throughout the day or have tissue, napkins or blotting paper on hand. Oily skin may be hereditary or the result of puberty which causes the gland to go into overdrive. You might be wondering why you would need a moisturizer if you have oily skin, but! There is a thing as “Oil Free” Moisturizer which you can find from our recommendations below
- Lotus Herbals Alphamoist Alpha Hydroxy Skin Renewal Oil-Free Moisturizer
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer
- Lacto Calamine Skin Balance Daily Nourishing Lotion
On the opposite spectrum of Oily Skin is dry skin where there is a lack of natural moisture. If you have dry skin your skin will feel tight and often irritated as there is, of course, no moisture. In severe cases, there might even be flaking. Your moisturizer of choice should be specifically for “dry skin”, here’s what we recommend below.
- Himalaya Herbals Nourishing Face Moisturizing Lotion
- Forrest Essentials Light Hydrating Facial Gel
- Kaya Acne Free Purifying Nourisher
This skin type is a mix of oily and dry skin. People with this skin type will find their T-zone oily while the rest of their face is extremely dry. You will usually have to use different products to treat different parts of your face –However! We’ve found a few moisturizers that work great on combination skin.
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture With SPF35 Sunscreen
- Olay Complete Daily Defense All Day Moisturizer With Sunscreen SPF30 Sensitive Skin (Pack of 2)
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Facial Moisturizer With Broad Spectrum SPF 30.
Do you know your skin type? What moisturizer do you use if any at all — comment below